Join our team.
Omiqa is a contract research organisation that offers advanced bioinformatics services with a focus on Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis. Omiqa was established in 2020 in Berlin (Germany) and is servicing life science researchers at academic institutions, biotech and pharma companies. We work on a wide variety of topics, from fundamental research to state-of-the-art applied bioinformatics. In our projects, we apply rapid prototyping approaches to quickly establish new analysis workflows and always focus on generating tangible biological insights.
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist (d/f/m, remote & part time possible).
- Analyse a wide variety of NGS datasets
- Independently execute client projects (planning, analysis, visualisation, interpretation, presentation and discussion)
- Develop, implement and validate analysis solutions to answer biological questions
- Solid experience of NGS data analysis in a scientific setting
- Profound understanding of biological processes with a strong scientific background
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to collaboratively work on projects with clients
- Independent and responsible work attitude
- Ability to apply novel methods to previously unknown use cases
- Fluent english, verbal and written
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS), Nextflow, Git and tool development is a plus
- High flexibility, no rigid work schedule, possibility for remote & part time work
- You contribute to exciting projects both in academia and corporate settings
- Ability to broaden and deepen your computational biology skills
- Flat hierarchies, quick decision making and opportunity to grow with the company
We are looking forward to your application! Please send your application, including a CV and motivational letter, to email@example.com.
We value diversity. Applicants will only be evaluated on the basis of their professional qualifications and personal skills/talents, regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, gender, religion, ideology, sexual identity, disability or age.